Sukuma wiki is a flavorful way to prepare kale and it’s quick and easy, too! If you want to follow along to see it being prepared, watch my video below, specifically at 7:25. Otherwise, jump to the recipe!
Enjoy and God Bless, Cordelia Creek xoxo
- 2 bunches kale
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- In a large skillet, add butter, onions, and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes to soften. Add spices and stir well. Add tomatoes and simmer for at least 5 minutes to reduce the liquid. Add in kale and lemon juice and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.